Whenever we discovered the green tea shot, we believed it was a travesty that there wasn’t even green tea in the drink. So we have put together a couple of alternative green tea shot recipes that ensure you reap the advantages of green tea and enjoy the flavors. Check out these fun recipes to get a green tea shot that uses tea leaves that are healthful.
Matcha Green Tea Shot
This matcha green tea shot packs a punch with regards to health advantages. Since the green tea leaves are ground into a powder, you get all the healthful compounds concealed in the tea leaves. With a flavor profile that features notes, you’ll be ready to bypass the awesome whiskey shooter at happy hour and toast to your health with this matcha shot instead.
Ingredients and Tools:
1 teaspoon matcha powder
1 bamboo whisk (chasen)
4 ounces of hot water
1. Pour the water into a matcha bowl, also referred to as a chawan. If you don’t have a chawan, you may use any other wide-brimmed bowl.
2. Add from the matcha powder and stir using the bamboo whisk. Use a motion to create a creamy froth.
3. Pour the concentrated matcha into a shot glass or small glass cup and revel in. You may also drink this taken cold by frightening the green tea. Simply pour the tea concentrate into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Shake and strain blend right into a glass. Make certain to brew using warm water never cold water. Cold water doesn’t develop flavours and the matcha powder can clump together.
Green Tea Cocktail Recipe
This cocktail is the perfect addition to your themed party or for celebrating St. Patrick’s day. For this recipe, we have replaced the half ounce peach schnapps with real peaches. You still get that peachy flavour that is calming without the hangover the following day. If you’re over the drinking age, you may add a shot of alcohol to this shot green tea cocktail.
Green Tea Shot Ingredients
1 tablespoon loose leaf green tea
1 large peach – muddled
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup hot water
1. Heat the water in a tea kettle between 150 and 170 F. Add the loose leaf tea and steep for 1 to 3 minutes.
2. Strain the tea leaves and then pour into a cocktail shaker with ice.
3. Add the peaches to a tall glass and muddle to release flavor.
4. Pour equal parts tea concentrate and apple cider into the tall glass.
5. Garnish with a cherry or apple slice and revel in!
Make Green Tea Shots Healthier
We’ve added new meaning to green tea shots with our fun recipes that center around green tea. As Wayne Gretzky once said, “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. Toast to your health with these green tea shots and start your morning off right or have a very good night.
You don’t need to make due with green tea shots that don’t contain any green tea leaves. Regardless of whether you’re a major aficionado of the hearty kind of green tea or need to dilute it a bit with different fixings, you’re certain to cherish these green tea recipes.