Want to know what is exam stress? Here we will discuss the same topic. Day by day the exams are really going to be tough. Stress increases as per the increase in the level of examination and class. Sometimes the exam pressure may turn you to get stress. As like everyone feels that exams are devils and that is true, everybody feels the same. You may feel angriness, anxieties, depression, and even sad feelings during the exams.
The stress will be seen commonly in high school students during the board exam and they can’t do anything due to having so much stress. Not only high school students, even degree college students are facing the same problem. Exam stress is really common in every student’s life.
It would be really hard to overcome stress. If you think about dealing with exam stress or release exam stress, then o overcome these types of problems, we should have support from our family members, teachers, and even friends. Your response to pressure is stress and, you should be focused on your study with a limited amount of stress, but when exam stress becomes too much then it seems impossible to study well.
Exam stress no worries. Your experience of exam stress is only a small part of your life, only you can feel the same during the time of the exam. If you ask can exam stress cause headaches? Then it is a big yes.
Some exam stress symptoms may include:
- During study difficulty in getting motivated to start
- Blank and confused mind during exam time.
- Low or overwhelmed mood
- Trouble in decision making
- Los of appetite or eating more.
- Poor Sleeping and struggling to leave the bed
- Exam stress and anxiety
- Lack of enjoying some time with friends
- Exam stress headaches and body pain
- Feeling sick and an increase in heartbeat
- Exam stress and depression
These symptoms can affect your exam depending on how much you enjoy life, especially during exam times. Exam stress mental health reduction is a common problem in all students. You may experience it because:
- You have not got sufficient time to study.
- Your exam will good or not
- You do not understand what are you studying
- You feel that you have not prepared for the exam.
- You need to cover a huge amount of courses for an exam
- You need a good result in your exam for higher studies.
- Getting pressure from family members to get success.
- Also getting stress from other parts of your life.
Hope you get your answer to what causes exam stress? The important thing to do is exam stress management. If you manage your stress then you can easily handle your exams. Have a question on your mind that, how to overcome exam? Then just go through our article to get the answer.
Tips for exam stress management:
The exam stress-relieving tips and techniques will provide you a particular way of solutions to exam stress, study, and cover your course in a limited time period. If you have a question on your mind that how to beat exam stress top tips, then here we discuss some tips below-
- Choose a suitable and calm place to study with essential materials like a water bottle and lamp.
- Follow previous year exam question papers to know about what actually you have to study.
- Clear your doubts about probable questions and confusing subjects from your teachers.
- Highlight important points by using a highlighter and create a scenario in your mind to understand clearly.
- Decide what you have to study in a particular time period. Break your courses into small tasks and work on one task at a time, so it doesn’t feel to cover a huge course.
- Take breaks of about 30 minutes to have a drink or something to eat.
- Take help from your friends or your parents to practice an oral presentation.
Remember one thing, get relax with your friends and family after finishing an exam. This will make you strong for the second exam. Exam stress counseling is a process to prevent stress.
If you think about where to get support or how to release exam stress then you can go through the child helpline.
You can take help from the child helpline number regarding exam stress-relieving tips and techniques and also for study tips. They will support you with valuable tips. You can also contact the exam stress helpline if you want to talk to someone.
Normal stress during the time of the exam can be a good thing because it motivates you to put in the work. The help with exam stress makes your attention proper. But when the stress is more than the limit, then it’s a critical problem for students.
It is also important how you spending your time. Your stress level depends on your activities like engaging in physical exercise, eating well, taking breaks from study, and getting enough sleep.
Obviously, students feel stressed around exams, but it is the responsibility of family members to reduce their stress levels. Exam stress for parents is also the same as students. Exam and its preparation is a serious matter. Parents need to take necessary action against these types of problems to handle smoothly. To regulate their activities some rules have to be applied to the children. Parent’s guide to exam stress is really effective.
Exam stress tips for parents are more important to take proper guidance for their children’s. For the progress of their children they should follow some exam stress advice and activities like-
- Parents should connect with school teachers to know about their kid’s performance in their class.
- Give advice to your kids to be focused on study rather than wasting time in other activities.
- Remember that, if your son/daughter is preparing for an examination, then don’t be over strict or over loved to them. Make a balanced behavior.
- Motivate your child to focus on their study more by maintaining their sleeping and waking uptime.
- With your support, they can feel easy to face the exam and exam stress. You can be a helping hand in your children’s progress.
Study well, be cheerful and avoid stress.